- 9.7% – Average annual increase in brand name drug manufacturer prices between April 2009 and March 2010.
- $6,580 – Average annual cost to someone taking three brand name drugs in the same time period.
- 10% – Average annual manufacturer price increase for brand name drugs with no generic equivalent.
- 82 – Number of drugs out of 219 in the brand name market that are off-patent.
- 88% – Percentage of brand name drugs that had a price increase between April 2009 and March 2010.
- $2,760 – Increase in cost of therapy for someone taking one medication to treat a chronic condition in 2010.
- 9.7% – Average decrease in price in generic prescriptions used by Medicare beneficiaries.