Ryan Krueger, a securities analyst at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, has suggested in a recent commentary that many life insurers will continue to benefit from a pandemic-related drop in travel and entertainment costs, and lower incentive compensation accruals.
He expects to see strong sales of registered index-linked annuities, and a continuing shift away from variable annuities with guarantees.
Here’s a list that gives each insurer’s anticipated earnings release date, along with the “stock symbol” the company uses to identify itself to investors. (This list will be updated over the next few days, as more earnings release dates come in.) Click on the stock symbol to see the company’s SEC filing page. Companies post their earnings releases on the SEC’s website. They also post other documents and resources in the investor relations sections on their own websites.
- UnitedHealth Group Inc. (UNH)
- Ameriprise Financial Group Inc. (AMP)
- Anthem (ANTM)
- Principal Financial Group Inc. (PFG)
- Aflac Inc. (AFL)
- American Financial Group (AFG)
- Horace Mann Educators Corp. (HMN)
- Humana Inc. (HUM)
- Lincoln National Corp. (LNC)
- MetLife (MET)
- Cigna Corp. (CI)
- FBL Financial Group Inc. (FFG)
- Prudential Financial (PRU)
- Unum Group (UNM)
- Reinsurance Group of America (RGA)
- Centene Corp. (CNC)
- CNO Financial Group (CNO)
- Primerica (PRI)
- Voya Financial Inc. (VOYA)
- Manulife Financial (MFC)
- Sun Life Financial (SLF)
- Brighthouse Financial Inc. (BHF)
- Molina Healthcare (MOH)
- American International Group (AIG)
- CVS Health (Aetna). (CVS)
- Genworth Financial (NYSE:GNW)
- American Equity Investment Life Holding Co. (AEL)
- Athene Holding Ltd. (ATH)
- Fidelity National Financial (Fidelity & Guaranty) (FNF)
- Triple S Management Corp. (GTS)
— Read Globe Life Is Assuming 160,000 2021 COVID-19 Deaths, on ThinkAdvisor.
— Connect with ThinkAdvisor Life/Health on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.