Our trending stories last week included a Super Bowl marketing preview, a major Medicare announcement and a look at how life distribution might change in the very near future.
1. 10 Super Bowl XLIX TV ads to watch for: With 110 million viewers expected to tune in to the Super Bowl, the best marketers in the world are pulling out all the stops.
2. Here’s why half of financial executives say Google or Amazon could change the way we buy life insurance: Will a tech giant start selling life insurance? Probably. And it might just be a good thing.
3. 8 ways to be more productive when working from home: A Harvard study showed that the performance of home-workers went up 13 percent compared to those who kept going to the office as usual. Here’s how to get more done in less time.
4. The 10 worst states for 401(k) performance: The southeast takes the cake for number of states with the worst performing 401(k) plans.
5. 34 ways to sell an annuity: Annuities aren’t right for every situation, but they are right for more situations than many people think.
6. Medicare faces historic overhaul: HHS wants to move half of Medicare payments away from fee-for-service by 2018.
7. Insurers take on the hospitals: The drug manufacturers blinked. What about the medical centers?
8. Woman fakes ex-husband’s death for $2 million life insurance payout: And she almost got away with it.
9. 3 simple tips to improve your client’s retirement plans: Don’t let your clients have a nightmarish retirement by letting them run out of money during their lifetime.
10. Regulators to liquidate Iowa PPACA plan: Medical claims exceed cash on hand, and new cash might not arrive for months, officials say.
Stay up-to-date with news, analysis and more by signing up for our eNewsletters here!