Two finalists and one winner are chosen in each category. Finalists will receive $10,000 for their designated charities, and winners will receive $40,000, with the Lifetime Achievement Award category winner taking home $50,000.
During awards week, one video presentation will be unveiled daily on investinothers.org at 4:45 p.m. Eastern time.
Here are this year’s finalists in the categories they were nominated.
Catalyst Award — Sept. 21
Presented to an advisor who actively stimulated positive change and displayed entrepreneurial vision and leadership to a nonprofit for at least three years. This may have been demonstrated by rejuvenating an organization from failing to thrive or helping to launch a new nonprofit organization.
- Lynette Atchley of CPA Financial Advisors, for Rebirth Homes
- Seth Coren of Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management, for Peter Stuyvesant Little League Inc.
- Matt Pisani of Lincoln Investment, for Clean Slate Living
Community Service Award — Sept. 22
Presented to an advisor who has made an outstanding impact on a community through leadership contributions to a nonprofit organization for at least three years by not only contributing to its long-term sustainability, but also by having established a record of motivating and inspiring others. This includes serving with distinction as a fundraiser, board member or other executive position.
- Duane Chaney of Arch Capital Advisory Group of Raymond James, for Lee Health Foundation
- Lisa Policare of Penn Wealth Planning, for Lenape Valley Foundation
- David Tornetto of Nextstep Financial Group, for Ronald McDonald House Charities of St. Louis
Global Impact Award — Sept. 23
Presented to an advisor who has made a lasting impact on a community in another country by actively serving as a volunteer for at least three years with a charity whose primary mission is to help those who live outside the U.S.
Volunteer of the Year Award — Sept. 24
Presented to an advisor who has worked hands-on as a volunteer for a nonprofit for at least three years, giving of his or her time, talent and energy to make a lasting impact on the organization, those it serves and the community at large.
- Scott Cohen of Northwestern Mutual, for Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times
- Maureen Kerrigan of RBC Wealth Management – U.S., for Star Kids Scholarship Program
- Brian Robinson of UBS Financial Services, for The Florida Dream Center
Lifetime Achievement Award — Sept. 25
Presented to an advisor who has made a profound contribution to a nonprofit through an established history of distinguished service, where he or she exhibited leadership, provided inspiration and gained recognition and respect from peers and the community over a period of at least 20 years, helping the organization evolve and creating a lasting impact on its future.
- Tracye Caughell of Caughell Rodgers Investments, for Children’s Musical Theatre of Bartlesville
- Lynn L. Chen-Zhang of Zhang Financial, for Western Michigan University Foundation
- Hal Lynde of Raymond James Financial, for Houston Furniture Bank
— Check out Deadline Extended for Invest in Others Award Nominations on ThinkAdvisor.