In this episode of Human Capital, we talk with Drew Bowden, general counsel for Jackson National Life Insurance Co., who recently became board chair for the Insured Retirement Institute.
Bowden, who also served as director of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s exam division, talks about the current regulatory environment in the retirement and annuity spaces, as well as how the pandemic is affecting consumers’ retirement savings.
Listen in as Bowden also talks about Regulation Best Interest, the Labor Department’s new prohibited transaction exemption to align with Reg BI, and his concerns about the patchwork of state fiduciary rules. Bowden also weighs in on the importance of e-signatures and e-delivery.
— More Human Capital Podcasts:
- Phyllis Borzi Concerned About Fiduciary Rule, Reg BI Alignment
- John Reed Stark Identifies Lurking Cybersecurity Risks
- IAA’s Neil Simon on Top Issues Percolating at SEC, the Hill
- Ex-SEC Lawyer Lundy Warns of Sweep of Advisor PPP Loans
- Andy Friedman on Next Stimulus Bill’s Potential Tax Provisions
- ERISA Expert Fred Reish on Market Volatility, Stimulus Plan
- Ed Slott Tackles Thorniest Secure Act Provisions