(This episode of Human Capital is brought to you by American Portfolios.)
In this episode of ThinkAdvisor’s Human Capital podcast, we caught up with IRA specialist and TV personality Ed Slott of Ed Slott & Co., to talk about what advisors should be doing now regarding compliance with the massive Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement Act of 2019, or Secure Act, which President Donald Trump signed into law on Dec. 20.
Listen in as Slott details who’s most affected by the loss of the stretch IRA, why Secure sets up an “emergency estate planning revision” for most clients, and why current trusts likely won’t work.
Slott also explains why consumers are going to need advisors “more than ever” because of Secure’s annuity provision and why, in his mind, IRAs are “terrible” estate planning vehicles post the Secure Act.
– Subscribe: Apple Podcasts – Subscribe: Google Play
— More Human Capital Podcasts:
- ACA’s Di Florio on How Tech Is Crucial Tool in Regulators’ Arsenal
- Brian Hamburger Details Critical Aspects of SEC’s 2020 Exam Priorities
- Investor Advocate Barbara Roper Doesn’t Mince Words on SEC Rules
- Compliance Guru Todd Cipperman Breaks Down SEC’s New Ad Rule
- Norm Champ, Ex-SEC IM Director, Takes on Financial Literacy
- Ric Edelman on Social Security Crisis, SEC’s Crypto Fail
- CFP Board’s Keller Gets Blunt on New Ethics Standards, Reg BI