This year is almost over.
The coming year is just starting to come into view.
(Related: 5 Questions About Life Insurance for 2019)
But industry groups have already booked a full slate of in-person events for 2020. Here’s a look at the last events of 2019, and at some of the 2020 events that have come to our attention..
- Dec. 7-10: National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), fall meeting, in Austin, Texas.
- Dec. 10-11: Clarity 2 Prosperity, Rainmaker Multiplier Training, in Tampa, Florida.
- Dec. 10-12: National Council of Insurance Legislators (NCOIL), annual meeting, in Austin, Texas.
- Jan. 13-15: Society of Actuaries (SOA), 2020 Living to 100 Symposium, in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
- Jan. 16: Council for Affordable Health Coverage, The Price of Good Health (What the 2020 Election Means for Health Costs), in Washington.
- Jan. 25: Chinese New Year.
- Jan. 29-30: Inter-Company Marketing Group, annual conference, in Orlando, Florida.
- Feb. 5-7: LIC, annual meeting and marketing conference, in Tucson, Arizona.
- Feb. 22-25: American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI), medical section annual meeting, in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Feb. 24-26: National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU), Capitol Conference, in Washington.
- Feb. 25-27: LIMRA, Distribution Conference for Financial Services, in Tampa, Florida.
- Feb. 27: Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation, Southeast Benefit Dinner (with LeAnn Rimes), in Frisco, Texas.
- Feb. 27-28: ACLI, Life Insurance Council of New York, American Property Casualty Insurance Association, Women & Diversity: Expanding Opportunity in Insurance, in New York.
- March 1-4: ACLI, SOA, ReFocus Conference (life expectancy and longevity), in Las Vegas.
- March 3-6: Bank Insurance & Securities Association, annual convention, in Hollywood, Florida.
- March 5-6: Health Agents for America (HAFA), HAFA Agent Summit, New Orleans.
- March 6: Society of Financial Services Professionals (New York City chapter), 34th Annual Lurie-Todorovich Memorial Lecture, in New York.
- March 6-8: NCOIL, spring meeting, in Nashville, Tennessee.
- March 16-18: Self-Insurance Institute of America, Self-Insured Health Plan Executive Forum, in Charleston, South Carolina.
- March 18-19: America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), National Health Policy Conference, in Washington. (CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- March 19-20: America’s Health Insurance Plans, National Conference on the Individual and Small-Group Markets, in Washington. (CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- March 21-24: NAIC, fall meeting, in Phoenix. (CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- March 22-25: GAMA International, Leadership and Management Program (LAMP), in Orlando, Florida. (CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- March 29-April 1: The Intercompany Long Term Care Insurance Conference Association, annual ILTCI Conference, in Denver.(CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- April 6-8: Society of Insurance Research, SIR Spring Research Workshops, in San Antonio, Texas. (CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- Sundown April 8-Sundown April 16: Passover.
- April 12: Easter.
- April 20-22: LIMRA, ACLI, Life Insurance Conference, in Salt Lake City. (CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- April 21-23: Global Insurance Symposium, insurance technology conference, in Des Moines, Iowa. (CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- April 22-24: LIMRA LOMA Secure Retirement Institute, SOA, Retirement Industry Conference, in Salt Lake City. (CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- Evening April 23-Evening May 23: Ramadan.
- April 26-28: AALU, Transform (annual meeting), in Washington. (POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19)
- May 4-5: SOA, Life & Annuity Symposium, in St. Louis. (CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- May 4-5: NAIC International Insurance Forum, in Washington. (CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- May 19-20: National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), Congressional Conference, in Washington. (CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19)
- Evening May 23-Evening May 24: Eid al-Fitr.
- May 28-29: SOA, SOA China Symposium, in Shenzhen, China.
- June 7-10: Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), annual meeting, in Anaheim, California. (VIRTUAl DUE TO COVID-19)
- June 12-14: Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation, IICF Women in Insurance Global Conference, in New York.
- June 17-18: AHIP, Institute & Expo (annual meeting), in Miami.
- June 27-30: NAHU, annual convention, in Chicago.
- July 22-25: NCOIL, spring meeting, in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- June 23-24: The Spark Institute, Spark National (retirement plan forum), in Washington.
- Aug. 5-7: SOA, Supplemental Health, DI & LTC Conference, in Washington.
- Aug. 8-11: NAIC, fall meeting, in Minneapolis.
- Aug. 30-Sept. 2: MDRT, global conference, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Sept. 9-11: Insured Retirement Institute, annual meeting, in Chicago.
- Sundown Sept. 18-Evening of Sept. 20: Rosh Hashanah.
- Sundown Sept. 27-Evening of Sept. 28: Yom Kippur.
- Oct. 1-4 NAIFA, annual conference, in Boston.
- Oct. 11-13: ACLI, annual conference, in Washington.
- Oct. 25-27: LIMRA, annual conference, in Chicago.
- Oct. 25-28: SOA, annual meeting, in Seattle.
- Oct. 27-28: National Organization of Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Associations, annual conference, in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Oct. 29: ACORD, ACORD Connect, in Armonk, New York.
- Nov. 2-6: International Association of Insurance Supervisors, annual conference, in Santiago, Chile.
- Nov. 3: Election Day.
- Nov. 14-17: NAIC, fall meeting, in Indianapolis.
- Nov. 18-19, LIC Preneed Forum, in Atlanta.
- Nov. 18-20: National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies, NAILBA39, in Hollywood, Florida.
- Nov. 26: Thanksgiving.
- Dec. 9-12: NCOIL, spring meeting, in Tampa, Florida.
Is your national or international life, health or annuity industry event, that’s open to the public (or at least to a large number of industry participants, from multiple organizations), missing from this list? If so: Send your event information to Allison Bell, at [email protected].
—Read Start Your New Year’s Business Plan Today on ThinkAdvisor.