The two-year partnership agreement provides access to Kitces.com speakers at negotiated discounts exclusively for FPA chapters, including:
- A 20% discount for all FPA in-person and virtual events.
- An additional 20% discount on virtual FPA chapter events for chapters with fewer than 400 active paid members.
- A further 15% discount for in-person events booked with a Kitces speaker who was already appearing at another private event within an FPA chapter’s metro area.
“As a former president of a ‘mid-sized’ FPA chapter myself, I know that organizing events with strong external speakers can be especially challenging given limited chapter resources,” said Michael Kitces, chief financial planning nerd at Kitces.com. “Fortunately, the pandemic has given us new models to conduct entirely virtual as well as hybrid events, which now allows us to provide additional discounts to support more FPA chapters.”
Through the partnership, FPA chapters will be able to secure Kitces.com’s featured speakers, including:
- Kitces: Head of planning strategy for Buckingham Wealth Partners and leader of multiple businesses serving the needs of financial planners. Kitces speaks on advanced financial planning strategies, retirement strategies, practice management and industry trends.
- Jeffrey Levine: A nationally recognized and award-winning advisor, speaker and educator, Levine speaks on advanced tax and retirement planning strategies.
- Derek Tharp: The lead researcher at Kitces.com and an assistant professor of finance at the University of Southern Maine, Tharp speaks on retirement, saving and spending research.
- Meghaan Lurtz: A senior research associate at Kitces.com and past president of the Financial Therapy Association, Lurtz speaks on financial psychology and behavioral finance.
All speaker discounts are now in effect until Dec. 31, 2023.
FPA chapters can contact Kitces.com directly to secure a speaker, and are encouraged to monitor the Kitces speaking schedule to identify opportunities to secure a heavily discounted add-on, in-person event.