What You Need to Know
- The awards recognize advisors for giving back to nonprofits; designated charities will receive donations of up to $75,000.
- Finalists are chosen for their leadership, dedication, contribution, inspiration and impact on a nonprofit and the community it serves.
- The awards will be presented at the foundation’s annual gala on Sept. 22 in Boston.
The Invest in Others Charitable Foundation has announced the names of 12 financial advisors who have been selected as finalists for the foundation’s 2021 Invest in Others Awards.
Invest in Others provides a platform for advisors to increase awareness and funding of their favorite charities. The awards recognize financial advisors across four categories for giving back to nonprofit organizations in their communities.
By award category, these are the 2021 finalists:
- Amy Doherty of Centinel Financial Group, Osterville, Massachusetts — for Wellstrong
- Bob Swift of TCI Wealth Advisors, Tucson, Arizona — for 3rd Decade
- Ralph Ujano Jr. of The Ujano Advisory Group, McKinney, Texas — for Helping Hands for Single Moms Dallas
- Roger S. Green of Green Financial Resources, Duluth, Georgia — for Auditory–Verbal Center
- Ruben Rozental of PGI Wealth Management, Miami — for Commit and Act (US)
- Elizabeth M. Shabaker of Versant Capital Management, Phoenix — for Free Arts for Abused Children of Arizona
Volunteer of the Year
- Kenneth “Larry” Agee of Agee Financial Group, Lake Charles, Louisiana — for Disaster Aid USA
- Kevin S. Bode of Northwestern Mutual, New Kensington, Pennsylvania — for Knead Community Cafe
- Isaac Simon of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, New York — for Coalition for the Homeless
- Peter Chieco of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, Greenwich, Connecticut — for Cooley’s Anemia Foundation
- Ferdinand Garcia of Woodbury Financial, San Francisco — San Francisco AIDS Foundation
- Dan Jenkins of JKS Financial at Northwestern Mutual, Pittsburgh — for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh
The foundation selected finalists based on their leadership, dedication, contribution, inspiration and impact on a nonprofit and the community it serves. The designated charities of award finalists and winners will receive donations of up to $75,000 from Invest in Others.