What You Need to Know
- Lincoln Financial's new new chief people officer started out at Towers Watson.
- Sidecar's new chief actuary was an actuary at Health Care Service Corp.
- Three insurers have announced chief financial officer or chief investment officer changes.
Lincoln Financial Group has named Jen Warne to be executive vice president and chief people officer.
Warne has been the Radnor, Pennsylvania-based company’s chief talent officer.
She will now oversee recruiting and talent management. She will oversee the company’s office of diversity and inclusion and the company’s corporate social responsibility and sustainability efforts.
Warne came to Lincoln from Towers Watson. She has a bachelor’s degree from Temple University.
Sidecar Health — an El Segundo, California-based insurance startup that’s been focusing on the indemnity health insurance market — has hired six top executives.
The new executives are:
- Rodney Barlow, chief technology officer, who previously was chief technology officer at Beautycounter.
- Pamela Cleveland, chief compliance officer, who was chief compliance officer at the Health Alliance Plan.
- Alex Coonce, chief people officer, who was head of people at Ike.
- Douglas Lynch, chief actuary, who was chief actuary at Health Care Service Corp.
- Ashley Lewis, vice president of product management, who led the product management team at the Dollar Shave Club.
- Emily Porter, vice president of government affairs, who was a partner with The Nickles Group, a government affairs consulting firm.
Nationwide has named Tim Frommeyer to succeed Mark Thresher as the company’s chief financial officer.
Thresher has been an executive at the Columbus, Ohio-based company for 25 years.
Thresher helped take Nationwide’s Nationwide Financial arm public in 1997 and build the financial services operation into a major business. He is a member of the Federal Advisory Committee on Insurance.
Frommeyer has been the CFO of Nationwide’s financial services and property and casualty insurance units.
Frommeyer joined Nationwide as an actuarial student in 1986. He has a bachelor’s degree from Xavier University. He holds the member of the American Academy of Actuaries and fellow of the Society of Actuaries professional designations.
Centene Corp. has named Jeffrey Schwaneke executive vice president of healthcare enterprises.
Schwaneke was the Clayton, Missouri-based health insurer’s chief financial officer.