Meet the 2021 winners of the Envestnet and Investment Advisor Asset Manager and Strategist of the Year Awards:
- Strategist & Overall Manager of the Year: WestEnd Advisors
- Large Cap Equity Manager of the Year: Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Large Cap Equity Manager of the Year: Harbor Capital/Jennison Associates
- Fixed Income Manager of the Year: Brandywine Global Investment Management
- Small/Mid Cap Asset Manager of the Year: RMB Asset Management
- Small/Mid Cap Manager of the Year: Riverbridge Partners
- Global, International, Emerging Market Equity Manager of the Year: Schroders Investment Management/Hartford Funds
- Impact Manager of the Year: Brown Advisory
- Alternatives Manager of the Year: AQR Capital Management
Every year comes with its own challenges for active managers, and 2020, with a global pandemic that caused a plunging stock market followed by soaring upward volatility, and a world economy pushed into chaos, meant asset managers had to be stellar in agility and risk taming ability.
In its 17th year, the Envestnet and Investment Advisor magazine Asset Manager and Strategist of the Year Awards program recognizes nine top performing active managers in seven categories from across the separately managed account spectrum. This year’s whipsaw markets in all assets made these winners especially talented.
As in previous years, analysts from Envestnet’s Portfolio Management Consultants group, Envestnet | PMC, pared down selections for each category using a systematic, proprietary and multi-factor methodology from thousands of strategies on its platform.
The qualitative and quantitative criteria used in the final selection includes firm profile, performance, tax efficiency, investment process and style, composite and customer service.
The selection committee, made up of representatives from Envestnet and Investment Advisor, then reviews the choices and makes the final selections.