Wisconsin securities regulator Leslie Van Buskirk is one of the new members of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Investor Advisory Committee, representing the views of state securities regulators.
Other new members of the committee, announced by the SEC Thursday, include:
- Jamila A. Abston, partner, Ernst & Young LLP;
- Cambria Allen-Ratzlaff, corporate governance director, UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust;
- Brian A. Hellmer, managing director, global public market strategies at State of Wisconsin Investment Board;
- Sandra J. Peters, senior head, global financial reporting policy, CFA Institute;
- Paul Sommerstad, partner, Cerity Partners;
- Alice Stinebaugh, social studies department chair, Parkland School District, and adjunct Instructor in Economics, University of Scranton; and
- Joanne Yoo, managing director, Development Partners International.
Van Buskirk replaces Iowa Deputy Insurance Commissioner Craig Goettsch, who has represented state securities regulators on the committee since its inception in 2012.
“I am pleased to welcome these new Committee members who will have the opportunity to advise and make recommendations to the Commission regarding the investment landscape,” said Chairman Jay Clayton in a statement. “I also thank Craig Goettsch for his service representing the interests of the state securities commissions for the past eight years.”