Ryan Krueger, an analyst with Keefe Bruyette and Woods, says in his preview of results for life and annuity issuers that, in spite of concerns about COVID-19, low interest rates and investment market volatility, life and annuity issuers’ third-quarter results should look better than the results for the second quarter.
The stock market did better in the third quarter than in the second quarter, the number of COVID-19 deaths seems to have even lower, and life insurers have been moving to cut expenses, Krueger says.
Companies that focus on selling life insurance to middle-income people could do especially well, and companies that focus on worksite sales may report soft sales, Krueger says.
He expects to see mix annuity sales results.
Here’s a list that gives each insurer’s anticipated earnings release date, along with the “stock symbol” the company uses to identify itself to investors. Click on the stock symbol to see the company’s SEC filing page. Companies post their earnings releases on the SEC’s website. They also post other documents and resources in the investor relations sections on their own websites.
- Principal Financial Group (PFG)
- TriNet (TNET)
- Aflac (AFL)
- Centene Corp. (CNC)
- Unum Group (UNM)
- Ameriprise Financial (AMP)
- American Financial Group (AFG)
- Anthem (ANTM)
- Molina Healthcare (MOH)
- American Equity Investment Life Holding Co. (AEL)
- CNO Financial Group (CNO)
- Horace Mann Educators Corp. (HMN)
- Athene Holding Ltd. (ATH)
- Humana (HUM)
- Prudential Financial (PRU)
- Equitable Holdings (EQH)
- Fidelity National Financial (Fidelity & Guaranty) (FNF)
- Genworth Financial (NYSE:GNW)
- Lincoln National Corp. (LNC)
- MetLife (MET)
- Primerica (PRI)
- Sun Life Financial (SLF)
- American International Group (AIG)
- Brighthouse Financial (BHF)
- Cigna Corp. (CI)
- FBL Financial Group (FFG)
- Reinsurance Group of America (RGA)
- CVS Health (Aetna). (CVS)
- GoHealth (GOCO)
- Manulife Financial (MFC)
— Read Publicly Traded Life and Annuity Issuers Prepare to Talk About COVID-19 With Investors, on ThinkAdvisor.
— Connect with ThinkAdvisor Life/Health on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.