Joel P. Bruckenstein, CFP, is publisher of the T3 Technology Hub and producer of the annual Technology Tools for Today (T3) Conference.
Make sure that when you are working from home, that you pay the same attention to security as you would when in your office, which I recently wrote about on our T3 website:
- Do not share passwords;
- Do not use a shared computer;
- Make sure your wi-fi network is secure;
- Use a professional firewall (not one designed for home use);
- Make sure when connecting to the Internet that you use a secure connection; and
- Do not overlook physical security.
Also, share these tips with your clients who are working from home.
Conference planning. T3 produces the T3 Advisor Conference, T3 Enterprise Conference and a number of other events each year. We have already had to reschedule our Cyber University once, and I suspect we will have to do that one virtually if we want to do it this year.
We are unclear at this time about the fate of the Enterprise conference scheduled for Oct. 21-23 in Las Vegas.
We are pushing back the 2021 T3 Advisor Conference until March 15-18, 2021, to give us a little more time to get back to normal. In the meantime, I am doing a fair amount of virtual consulting and a bit of writing.