Imagine a bar packed three deep with insurance agents and other industry professionals.
Oh, you’ve been to a conference before? Then it’s not much of a stretch.
If the industry professionals drank cocktails aligned to their primary lines of business, what might they be?
Here are some possibilities.
- Health insurance: Jager Energy Drink: Jagermeister, canned energy drink, lemon.
- Whole life and term life insurance: The Last Word: Gin, green Chartreuse, maraschino liqueur, lime juice.
- Property insurance: Mudslide: Vodka, coffee liqueur, Irish cream liqueur, heavy cream
- Umbrella insurance: Dark and Stormy: Dark rum, ginger beer, lime juice.
- Disability insurance: Painkiller: Rum, pineapple juice, cream of coconut, orange juice.
- Auto and motorcycle insurance: Sidecar: Cognac, orange liqueur, lemon juice.
- Pet Insurance: Fluffy Critter: Rum, lime juice, lemonade, strawberry sauce.
- Airplane insurance: Test Pilot: Cointreau, dark rum, light rum, Pernot, lime juice, falernum, bitters.
- Boat insurance: Ancient Mariner: Demerara rum, dark rum, lime juice, grapefruit juice, pimento liqueur, sugar syrup.
Of course, these are hypothetical in nature. Insurance professionals would never drink to excess.
— Read How to Order Wine Like a Boss (Without Paying Like One), on ThinkAdvisor.
Bryce Sanders is president of Perceptive Business Solutions Inc. He provides HNW client acquisition training for the financial services industry. His book, “Captivating the Wealthy Investor,” can be found on Amazon.