Now that you’ve written your optimized, relevant, original blog content, it’s time to maximize the reach of this content to benefit your business.
Pre-plan how you’ll promote your blog. As a general rule of thumb, you should spend as much time promoting and sharing your blog as you do writing it. We all know the most obvious promotion technique: Share your blog on all the major social networks and encourage your followers to go to your website and read the article.
Below are a few tips for additional ways to promote your blog:
1. LinkedIn groups. Once you have joined the LinkedIn groups that appeal to your ideal audience, start sharing your blog articles there just as you would share a regular LinkedIn update on your profile. Want to increase your posts’ engagement? Make sure your title gives an incentive that is directed at the group’s specific interests. But remember: No one likes spam (especially LinkedIn group members) so keep your articles relevant to each group.
2. Communicate with influencers on social media:
- Research and compile a list of influencers your target audience is likely to follow.
- Build relationships with those influencers. Become active in their blog comment sections and contribute in a genuine, high-value way.
- When you publish a new post, ask those influencers to help spread the word. Chances are if you have previously established a relationship and your content is helpful and unique, they will be more than happy to share it with the world.
3. Utilize your email lists. Your email list is most likely made up of current and past clients and prospects. These are people you want seeing, reading and sharing your blog posts. Try sending out an email once every two weeks promoting your blog. Again, no one appreciates spam, so make sure all your emails are valuable.
With a few simple techniques, you can expand the number of your devoted blog readers as well as the quality of your social-media postings.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
Amy McIlwain is a professional speaker on social media and President of Financial Social Media, an online marketing firm specializing in the financial industry. She can be reached through her website www.financialsocialmedia.com and on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.