The teachings of motivational speaker Zig Ziglar, who passed away last week in Dallas at the age of 86, have had a big influence on many top life insurance producers. I can’t think of one person who has been more quoted during my interviews with producers or by speakers at industry conferences.
Ziglar, who wrote more than 30 books and focused on positivity and leading a balanced life, achieved great success in helping other people achieve success in their careers and personal lives. Ziglar’s company, which features more than a dozen speakers providing motivation and performance training, will no doubt continue to advocate the “Ziglar Way.” But for any of you wanting a quick refresher, here are some of my favorite Ziglar quotes, all of which I’ve heard repeatedly from the mouths of successful life insurance producers.
- “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.”
- “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”
- “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.”
- “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily.”
- “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”
- “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
- “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.”
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”
- “If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.”
- “Attitude, not Aptitude, determines Altitude.”
For more from Brian Anderson, see: