Choosing any “Best of” list can be a tricky procedure. It assumes a certain level of chutzpah on the part of the bestower, opens up said bestower to conflict-of-interest or cronyism challenges, and runs the risk of alienating the many fine people or companies who don’t make the list.
That’s why, as in past years, the editors of AdvisorOne opened the nomination process for the 50 Top Women in Wealth to the wealth management community and then enlisted the aid of an advisory board of industry leaders with impeccable credentials and unparalleled integrity to guide the process and make the final determination, under the leadership of those editors.
Our advisory board of industry leaders, included:
- Gail Graham, executive vice president, Fidelity Institutional.
- Joseph Keefe, CEO and president, Pax World Management LLC.
- Kim Wright-Violich, president of Schwab Charitable.
- Sheryl Garrett, founder, The Garrett Planning Network, Inc.
- Deena Katz, associate professor, Personal Financial Planning Division at Texas Tech University, and partner in Evensky & Katz, a registered investment advisor.
- Jennifer Connelly, CEO of JCPR, Inc., a financial services public relations firm.
And AdvisorOne editors:
- Janet Levaux, managing editor for Research and Portfolio editor at AdvisorOne.com
- Melanie Waddell, Washington bureau chief at Investment Advisor and practice management editor at AdvisorOne.com.
- Kate McBride, former Wealth editor at AdvisorOne.com.
We solicited nominations online in the spring of 2011—and received many–from the wealth