Are you getting the results you want from your website? Here are five ideas to boost the marketing value of your site through higher traffic, better search engine rankings and more effective engagement with your customers and prospects.
- Add video. Nothing brings a website to life like video, and it’s a great way to increase your search engine results, too. Create a YouTube channel for your company, post your videos there, and link to YouTube from your site. Use a professional videography team to produce higher-end videos or a simple, handheld video camera to record your own real-life videos.
- Rewrite your copy. Take a hard look at the copy on your site. Is the content focused on what your visitors really want to know? Have you written your copy around the keywords in your search engine optimization strategy? Google Analytics can tell you which keywords people are using to find your site. Google AdWords keyword tools can tell you the most popular search terms people are using in your industry and suggest keywords to use.
- Add a blog. Blogging adds fresh content, which keeps your site interesting and improves your SEO results. It gives your company personality by sharing your unique voice and point of view. And it enables visitors to engage by adding their comments to your blog or sharing your posts with others on social media.
- Consolidate high-value content. Your site should be the focal point of your Web marketing. Post all your content – your blog, news, white papers, case studies and e-newsletters – on your site and share links to that content via your other marketing channels, especially social media.
- Tell real-life stories. How do you help people solve problems? Use storytelling, ideally featuring actual customers or clients, to help prospects understand the value you provide and what sets your company apart.
Psst! Have you checked it out yet? Vote on 2011′s Best Sales and Marketing Ideas!