The level of American charitable giving continues to be higher than 2 percent of GDP, which charity groups take as a positive sign, especially during tough times. The National Philanthropic Trust (www.nptrust.org) keeps an eye on the largest foundations, trusts, funds and causes.
Here is a list of the five largest donor advised funds (by assets):
1. Fidelity Charitable Gift Trust: ($1.9 billion)
2. Schwab Charitable Fund: ($855 million)
3. Vanguard Charitable Endowment Program: ($784 million)
4. National Philanthropic Trust: ($660 million)
5. National Christian Charitable Foundation: ($490 million)
Source: The Non Profit Times