- 23 million: Number of senior citizens who are unable to make more than the minimum payment on a credit card.
- $5,844: Average account balance on credit cards of people age 65 to 69 in 2001.
- 70%: Percentage of senior citizens who earn less than $50,000 a year.
- 21%: Percentage of investment fraud victims admitted to sending money to an organization they were unfamiliar with.*
- 73%: Percentage of investment fraud victims who did not acknowledge losing any money.*
Source: The Elder Law Journal