- 126%: Percentage of income retirees need to replace to keep up with inflation, long life spans and medical costs.
- 1.2 million: Number of retirees who are expected to have less than 80 percent of what they need to retire and maintain their current lifestyle.
- 40%: Percentage of income replacement for people who don’t contribute to a 401(k) plan.
- 19%: Percentage of workers who are on track to retire with the same lifestyle they currently enjoy.
- 8%: Percentage gap in savings between women and men.
Source: Hewitt Associates