The Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions and Professional Registration has hired Larry McCord to be deputy director and general counsel.
McCord, the mayor of Cameron, Mo., is vice president of Cameron Insurance Companies, Cameron, Mo., a property-casualty insurer.
McCord has a bachelor’s degree from Missouri Western State University and a master’s degree in business and a law degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
McCord holds the Associate in Reinsurance professional designation.
In other personnel news:
- The Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund, Harrisburg, Pa., has hired Kathryn Farley to be executive director.
The PEBTF administers health benefits for 143,000 Pennsylvania employees and retirees.
- The life insurance arm of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford, has hired Kevin Kirk to be vice president and director of national sales at its retirement plans group.
Kirk has a bachelor’s degree in political science from Belmont Abbey College in North Carolina.
Kirk is a member off the Retirement Committee at LIMRA International, Windsor, Conn.
- Old Mutual Financial Network, Atlanta, a unit of Old Mutual P.L.C., London, has hired Jeffrey Lobo to be chief investment officer.
Lobo previously was chief investment officer at a U.S. unit of Aviva P.L.C., London.
Lobo has a bachelor’s degree in management science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a master’s degree in business from York University in Toronto.
- J.G. Wentworth & Company Inc., Bryn Mawr, Pa., has hired John Calamari to be chief financial officer.
Calamari previously was corporate controller at Radian Group Inc., Philadelphia, a credit insurer.
J.G. Wentworth buys the deferred income streams associated with arrangements such as annuities.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has hired David Herrig to be regional director for its Southeastern region, which includes Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Herrig previously was regional vice president of sales for the Southeast Region at the independent agency group at AIG American General, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York.
Penn Mutual also has hired Christopher Alexander to be managing partner of its agency in Atlanta.
Alexander previously was general agent for the Lexington, Ky., agency of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass.
- WellPoint Inc., Indiana, has hired Nancy Atkins to be vice president of account management in its state-sponsored business unit.
Atkins previously was commissioner of the Bureau of Medical Services and the state Medicaid director in West Virginia.
Atkins has a bachelor’s degree in health care administration from St. Joseph’s College in Maine and a master’s degree in nursing from Bellarmine College in Kentucky.
Atkins has worked as a nurse practitioner, and has been national chair of the executive committee for the National Association of State Medicaid Directors, Washington.