The Disability Management Employer Coalition has named Marcia Carruthers to succeed Sharon Kaleta as chief executive officer.
Kaleta, who is retiring, will continue to be the group’s chairperson, according to DMEC, San Diego.
Carruthers has been chief operating officer of DMEC since she founded it with Kaleta in 1992.
Carruthers has a bachelor’s degree in visual arts from the University of California, San Diego, and a master’s degree from the University of San Diego. She holds the Associate in Risk Management and the Certified Professional in Disability Management professional designations.
In other personnel news:
- Health Benefits Director Corp., Radnor, Pa., has named Alvin Clemens, the company’s chairman, to succeed Scott Frohman as chief executive officer.
Frohman, a co-founder of Health Benefits, has resigned from his CEO post and his seat on the Health Benefits board, according to Health Benefits, a life insurance and health insurance direct marketing firm.
Clemens has been a Health Benefits director since November 2005, and he has been chairman since January.
Clemens founded HealthAxis Inc., Norristown, Pa., one of the first companies to sell insurance through the Web, in 1998.
- Ohio National Life Insurance Company, Cincinnati, has hired Warren May to be executive vice president and senior agency officer.
May also will be executive vice president for sales for the O.N Equity Sales Company, the company’s broker-dealer subsidiary.
May previously was president of Lincoln Financial Distributors, a unit of Lincoln National Corp., Philadelphia. He also has been executive vice president of marketing and distribution at Jefferson Pilot Financial, a unit of Jefferson-Pilot Corp., Greensboro, N.C.
May started out as owner and president of Jack May Insurance Agency, Atlanta.
- Securian Financial Group Inc., a unit of Minnesota Mutual Life Insurance Company, St. Paul, Minn., has promoted Christopher Hilger to senior vice president and head of its financial services business unit, which sells insurance products and other products through banks and credit unions.
Hilger has been president of Alied Solutions L.L.C., an independent broker that Securian acquired in 2004. Hilger will continue to run Allied Solutions, Securian says.
- Old Mutual Financial Network, Atlanta, a unit of Old Mutual P.L.C., London, has promoted Steven Blum to regional vice president for annuity distribution for the Southeastern region and hired Scott Heinila to be regional vice president for annuity distribution for the Western region.
Blum, who previously was manager of annuity internal sales at Old Mutual Financial, holds the Certified Senior Advisor and Certified Annuity Specialist professional designations.
Heinila was director of sales for insurance services at FCF Insurance Marketing Inc., Long Beach, Calif. He holds the Certified Annuity Specialist designation.
- Health Net Inc., Woodland Hills, Calif., has promoted Steven Sell to president of its Managed Health Network behavioral health unit.
Sell succeeds Gerald Coil, who has resigned.
- ACORD Corp., Pearl River, N.Y., has hired William Petrick to be manager of multimedia communications.
- Fiserv Inc., Brookfield, Wis., a financial services technology company, has hired Rahul Gupta to be group president for payments and industry products and Thomas Warsop to be president for
Gupta previously was president of U.S. operations for eFunds Corp., Scottsdale, Ariz.
Warsop has been vice president for U.S. financial services at Electronic Data Systems Corp., Plano, Texas.
Fiserv also has named Mike Gantt group president for its health and insurance group. He has been the company’s group president for bank systems
- Lockton Companies Inc., Kansas City, Mo., has promoted a longtime employee, Ross Reda, to be chief operating officer at its benefits unit.
Reda has a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Kansas. He holds the Certified Employee Benefits Specialist professional designation.
Lockton also has hired Dr. Lawrence Levy and Dr. Chris Meyer to be medical directors.
Levy previously was chief medical officer at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City.
Meyer recently retired from active duty as a flight surgeon with the U.S. Air Force at Whiteman Air Force Base near Kansas City. He retired at the rank of major and is certified as a mission-ready A-10 fighter pilot.
Lockton has hired Shannon Demaree to be a vice president and director of actuarial services at the benefits unit. She previously was director of actuarial services at an insurance unit of Wachovia Corp., Charlotte, N.C.
- Wealth Management Systems Inc., Bedminster, N.J., a retirement account rollover technology company, has hired Brian Mineweaser to be sales director.
Mineweaser previously was business development manager at ICG Commerce Inc., King of Prussia, Pa.