Close Close

Life Health > Annuities

VA Form Comes Up For Review

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

The federal Office of Management and Budget is seeking public comments about Form N-4.

Variable annuity separate accounts organized as unit investment trusts use Form N-4 to register as investment companies with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

The SEC is seeking permission under the federal Paperwork Reduction Act to continue to use the form.

About 48 respondents use the Form N-4 to file initial registration statements each year, and 1,894 use the form to file changes to the registration statements, officials say.

Information about the process for submitting comments on the form is on the Web at Document Link