American International Group Inc. has hired Anastasia Kelly to be executive vice president, general counsel and senior regulatory and compliance officer.
Kelly previously was general counsel of MCI WorldCom Inc., Ashburn, Va., according to AIG, New York.
Kelly also has been general counsel of Sears, Roebuck and Company, Hoffman Estates, Ill., and of the Federal National Mortgage Association, Washington.
Kelly has a bachelor’s degree from Trinity University and a law degree from George Washington University.
In other personnel news:
- Symetra Life Insurance Company, Bellevue, Wash., has hired Richard Lindsay to be the senior vice president in charge of the company’s life and annuities division.
Lindsay previously was executive vice president at AIG VALIC, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York.
Lindsay has a bachelor’s degree from Brown University, a master’s degree in business from the University of Pennsylvania, and a law degree from Temple University. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation.
Lindsay succeeds Jennifer Davies, who is now Symetra’s senior vice president of enterprise development.
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Minneapolis, a unit of Allianz A.G., Munich, has hired Tom Burns to be chief distribution officer.
Burns previously was senior vice president of Securian Advisor Services, a unit of Minnesota Mutual Insurance Company, St. Paul, Minn.
- National Western Life Insurance Company, Austin, Texas, has hired Chris Johnson to be chief marketing officer for sales of life insurance and annuities in the United States.
Johnson has been senior region vice president at Lincoln Benefit Life Company, a unit of Allstate Corp., Northbrook, Ill.
- Towers Perrin Inc. has named Steve Taylor-Goodby managing director of Tillinghast, Stamford, Conn.
Taylor-Goodby previously was the global business director at Tillinghast.
Another Tillinghast executive, Richard Batty will assume responsibility for the Asia-Pacific region. Batty will continue to be the firm’s region manager for Europe.
- Molina Healthcare Inc., Long Beach, Calif., has hired Jesse Thomas to be president of its Molina Healthcare of Ohio health plan subsidiaries.
Molina manages Medicaid plans and other government health plans.
Thomas previously was chief of the Office of Healthcare Purchasing at the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services.
Thomas also has been executive director of United Healthcare Illinois – AmeriChoice, a unit of UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn.
Thomas has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois. He is past board president of the Illinois Association of Medicaid Health Plans, Chicago.
- The group insurance arm of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, has hired Jim Jacobsen to be vice president for product development and management.
Jacobsen previously was vice president for group disability growth and product development at a unit of MetLife Inc., New York.
Jacobsen has a bachelor’s degree from Gettysburg College.
- Mutual of America Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Brian Sullivan to be a vice president for financial advisory services in its Boston region office, and it has hired Joseph Reeves to be vice president for financial advisory services in its Chicago regional office.
Sullivan previously was vice president of investments at a unit of Bank America Corp., Charlotte, N.C.
Sullivan has a bachelor’s degree from Boston College. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter, Chartered Financial Consultant, Certified Financial Planner and Registered Health Underwriter professional designations.
Reeves previously was a financial consultant.
Reeves has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona. He holds the Certified Financial Planner and Certified Financial Analyst professional designations.