What You Need to Know
- ThinkAdvisor has a new, groundbreaking recognition program, the LUMINARIES, and an esteemed judging panel of 13 industry VIPs who'll pick the award winners in 2021.
- Advisors, broker-dealers, RIAs, asset managers and other industry players are invited to submit their nominations for the new program by May 17.
- The program will honor achievements in diversity & inclusion, thought leadership, executive leadership and dealmaking/growth.
The LUMINARIES promises to shape industry conversations in 2021 and beyond by honoring top advisors, industry executives, teams, RIAs, broker-dealers, asset managers and other organizations for their achievements in four key areas:
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Thought Leadership
- Executive Leadership
- Dealmaking & Growth
Advisors, broker-dealers, RIAs, asset managers and other industry players are invited to participate in the new recognition program by completing their online nominations by May 17.
Judges for The ThinkAdvisor LUMINARIES
Winners will be selected by a distinguished and diverse panel of judges from across the advice industry.
A number of top industry executives and influencers are members of the panel:
- Renée Baker, Head of Advisor Inclusion Networks, Raymond James Private Client Group
- Joe Duran, Managing Director, Head of Goldman Sachs Personal Financial Management
- Ric Edelman, Founder, RIA Digital Assets Council and Edelman Financial Services
- Gabe Garcia, Managing Director, Corporate Development, Cresset Capital Management
- Neesha Hathi, Executive Vice President and Digital Solutions Officer, Charles Schwab
- Aneri Jambusaria, Executive Vice President of Strategy and New Ventures, Data and Analytics, LPL Financial
- Aaron Schaben, President, Carson Group
- Amy Webber, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cambridge Investment Management
The judging panel also includes individuals working to make the financial services industry
What Your Peers Are Reading
more inclusive and community focused, as well as financial planning VIPs and other important industry voices:
- Sonya Dreizler, national D&I/ESG/SRI expert, Head of Solutions With Sonya
- Kate Healy, Board Chair of the Foundation for Financial Planning; former executive at TD Ameritrade Institutional
- Jeffrey Levine, Chief Planning Officer at Buckingham Wealth Partners; Lead Financial Planning Nerd at Kitces.com; Tax Planning Strategist, Holistiplan
- Mark Tibergien, Principal, Mark Tibergien Insights LLC; former CEO of Advisor Solutions, BNY Mellon Pershing
- Dasarte Yarnway, Founder and Managing Director, Berknell Financial Group
These 13 judges, along with our editorial team, will evaluate the impact LUMINARIES nominees have made.
This impact should include both quantitative and qualitative results — such as the number of advisors affected by the nominee and a clear description of the innovative ways the nominee has contributed to a particular program, group of advisors and firm, as well as to the broader financial services industry and investor community if applicable, over the past 12 to 18 months.
Nominees should demonstrate the ability to achieve goals and display ingenuity in terms of creative thinking and problem solving, particularly in furthering the development of advisors, investors and the industry, as well as a personal commitment to the highest ethical standards, service and excellence.