Welcome to the New ThinkAdvisor.
The site you are looking at today includes innovations in design, a more focused editorial strategy and new advertising solutions that will increase traffic and deepen financial advisors’ engagement with advertisers’ messages.
The result: Advertisers get better ROI from their digital advertising spend with ThinkAdvisor.
Let me explain each area of innovation.
First, let’s start with the new design and user experience, specifically created to deliver a larger and more loyal audience. The key components are:
- A fresh and clean new look, a new color palette and vibrant graphics that deliver maximum impact and viewability.
- An improved three-tier structure that allows for easier navigation of content.
- An enhanced mobile experience that makes accessing multimedia content like video and podcasts easier for those on the go.
These UX enhancements will help to drive traffic, as sophisticated recirculation modules and layered coverage increase readership and bring more financial advisory executives back to the site more often.
Next up is our new editorial strategy, which aims to make our content even “stickier. The critical aspects of this effort include:
- A new beat structure for our editorial team, emphasizing key coverage areas and focused on increasing domain expertise and thought leadership.
- Content is focused on the “why” behind the news, not just the “what.”
- The site will feature more coverage of the firms and people that are driving innovation and succinct analysis of top industry developments.
- More practical and how-to content.>
- A key takeaways box will begin each article to help readers get to the point even faster.
We’ve already started to implement this new editorial strategy and have seen a 13% increase in new content on the site. Plus, more traffic is being attracted to the site thanks to our upgraded approach to news and analysis.
And then there are the four areas of new advertising innovation:
- Improved ad/editorial content integration, which improves the reader experience AND allows advertisers to deliver messages more effectively.
- Increased viewability: Ad positions are placed next to contextually relevant stories.
- New high-impact units that drive higher engagement with advertisers’ messages.
- Ad stickiness to help advertisers more powerfully tell their stories..
Specifically, the advertising improvements include:
- Lazy loading, where we only serve ads to users as they scroll down the page.
- Flex units: These horizontal and vertical units automatically allow multiple-sized ads to appear within the same area of the page, giving advertisers more opportunities to engage users with higher impact creative.
- A new interscroller ad position that combines the power of a high-impact interstitial with the sophistication of scroll interaction.
- A new horizontal half-page unit (1400×700) and vertical portrait page unit (300×1050) that will drive higher CTRs.
- New high-impact sequential ad serving, which allows advertisers to tell their story in stages for bigger impact.
The ThinkAdvisor advertising and digital product team is eager to help you understand these innovations and give you insights into how they can improve the ROI of your advertising spend with us.
Please email me at [email protected], and we can do a deeper dive into the design. And I’d love your feedback on our new look.