They are Dean Harman, managing director of Harman Wealth Management; Mary Kusske, president of Kusske Financial Management; and Summer Pretzer, head of supervision at Cetera Advisor Networks.
The late Stephen Kareta helped champion FSI’s financial literacy efforts and broader advocacy mission, the group says. He spent much of his career at Foothill Securities and Securities America.
The new members of the Advocacy Circle of Excellence group are being recognized for “building constructive relationships with their state and local officials, members of Congress” and regulators, and for being visible and a positive presence in their communities.
Along with the three individuals mentioned above, the other 17 financial professionals receiving an award are:
- Richard Bryant, CEO, Capital Investment Companies
- John Burmeister, president and CEO, Lion Street Financial
- Howard Erman, president, Erman Retirement Advisory
- Nick Graham, chief technology officer, Cambridge Investment Research
- Brad Greenbaum, vice president, Altigro Pension Services
- Dan Juechter, CEO, president & founder, Hunter Financial Advisors
- Kiliaen Ludlow, executive vice president, operations & client services, Triad Advisors
- Seth Miller, vice president, managing director, Transamerica Financial Advisors
- Shawn Patrick,investment advisor representative, branch office supervisor, Transamerica Financial Advisors
- Mike Pedlow, executive vice president, chief compliance officer, Kestra Financial
- Mark Quinn, director, Regulatory Affairs, Cetera Financial Group
- Guru Rao, vice president, technology, Lincoln Investment
- Jim Saling, president, Saling Simms Associates
- Stephanie Schiele, vice president, marketing, SFA Partners
- Julie Sullivan, senior vice president & group chief compliance cfficer, The Strategic Financial Alliance,
- Frank Tauches, executive vice president, American Portfolios Financial Services; and
- Kevin Whiteford, president, Whiteford Wealth Management.
Related on ThinkAdvisor: