The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors’ Committee on Governance has announced nominations for the organization’s leadership positions for the election to be held at the NAIFA Performance + Purpose 2019 conference in Orlando from Sept. 11 to 14.
Lawrence Holzberg, managing director, advance sales director at Wealth Advisory Group New York (WAG), a Guardian General agency, has been nominated for the position of 2020 NAIFA secretary.
In addition, the committee has nominated five members for two-year terms on its board of trustees. They are:
- Mark Acre of OneSource Insurance Group of Ozark, Missouri
- Connie Golleher of The Golleher Group in Washington, D.C.
- Win Havir of The Horace Mann Companies of Greater Minneapolis
- Steve Saladino of Principal Financial Group of Tampa-St. Petersburg, Florida
- John Wheeler of Water Tower Financial Partners, Mass Mutual of Chicago.
Incoming officers for 2020 are as follows:
- President, Cammie Scott of CK Harp & Associates in Springdale, Arizona
- President-elect, Thomas O. Michel of Michel Financial Group in Los Angeles
- Treasurer, Brock Jolly of Veritas Financial LLC/MassMutual Financial Group in McLean, Virginia.
Biographical information for all nominees will be available on the Performance + Purpose 2019 page of the NAIFA website. In addition, there will be a “Meet the Nominees” workshop before the election at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 12.
The governance committee, chaired by Keith Gillies, current immediate past president, consists of 12 NAIFA members. Jill Judd, LUTCF, FSS, of State Farm Insurance Cos. in Capitola, California, will serve as immediate past president subsequent to the election.