In an effort to make financial advice more accessible and personalized, Betterment, an independent online financial advisor, is now offering a menu of stage-of-life financial advice packages to clients for set fees that include a meeting with a certified financial planner.
The five packages and fees (subject to change) are:
- Getting Started: For new customers, this package includes a 45-minute call with a CFP who will provide a tutorial to help set up an account. Fee: $149.
- Financial Checkup: This includes a 60-minute call with a CFP who can review the current portfolio makeup. Fee is $199.
- College Planning: For parents or guardians looking to send their children to college in the next 5-18 years, this package includes a 60-minute call. Fee: $199.
- Marriage Planning: For newlyweds who need help budgeting and planning, this package includes two 45-minute calls, the first to set up a plan, and a second consultation six months later. Fee: $299.
- Retirement Planning: One 60-minute call to conduct a “holistic” review of all customer accounts and see how on track they are to reach their retirement goal. Also includes month-long email access to Betterment experts for follow-up questions. Fee: $399.
The packages will be available in the fourth quarter for Betterment account holders.
— Related on ThinkAdvisor: