Envestnet and Investment Advisor magazine presented honors to the winners of this year’s Asset Manager and Strategist of the Year Awards in mid-May at the Envestnet Advisor Summit in New Orleans.
The awards program, now in its 14th year, recognizes high-conviction portfolio managers that exemplify best practices for investment management success. All winners are featured in the July 2018 issue of Investment Advisor.
The name of the awards, previously known as the Separately Managed Account (SMA) Manager and Strategist of the Year Awards, was changed this year to better reflect the scope of the asset management industry and allow for the inclusion of more categories.
In New Orleans, Envestnet also announced the winners of its Essential Advisor Awards.
“Just as we provide the tools and resources to empower current financial advisors to navigate the complex industry, we are equally committed to developing and preparing future essential advisors,” said Envestnet President Bill Crager, co-author of “The Essential Advisor: Building Value in the Investor-Advisor Relationship.”
The 2018 Asset Manager and Strategist of the Year Award winners are:
- U.S. Equity Large Cap: Dana Investment Advisors —Large Cap Core; Wakefield Asset Management —Large Cap Core
- U.S. Equity Small or Mid Cap: Baird Funds—Mid Cap Growth; Kayne Anderson Rudnick—Small Cap Sustainable Growth
- International or Global Equity: WCM Investment Management—Quality Global Growth
- Fixed Income: GW&K Investment Management—Enhanced Core Bond
- Impact: ClearBridge Investments—Large Cap Growth ESG Strategy
- Strategist: Horizon Investments—Goal Based Solutions
The winners of the second annual Essential Advisor Awards are:
- Eric Cumley, Olympic Wealth Management
- Charlotte Dougherty, Dougherty & Associates
- Jill Lizzi, Bronfman Rothschild
- Dan Smith, Signature Wealth Advisors