What is it that separates good salespeople from great salespeople?
Salespeople have one of the hardest jobs in the world to do. They deal with rejection on a daily basis. Making a sale comes down to powering through call after call, email after email, and ‘no’ after ‘no’.
But the greatest salespeople, thinkers and leaders have also dealt with rejection, fear and hard times. They stepped out of their comfort zones and took a chance, succeeding in the face of failure.
Take a moment to read through some of the greatest motivational sales quotes ever spoken. Keep them in mind on your next call for a little extra drive.
1. “Approach each customer with the idea of helping him or her to solve a problem or achieve a goal, not of selling a product or service.” — Brian Tracy
2. “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” — Bob Hooey (inspirational speaker, author and coach)
3. “You don’t need a big close as many sales reps believe. You risk losing your customer when you save all the good stuff for the end. Keep the customer actively involved throughout your presentation, and watch your results improve.” — Harvey Mackay (businessman, author and syndicated columnist with Universal Uclick)
There are no shortcuts to sales success. (Photo: iStock)
4. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” — Jim Rohn (American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker)
5. “Make a customer, not a sale.” — Katherine Barchetti (Retail entreprenuer and customer service expert)
6. “Keep your sales pipeline full by prospecting continuously. Always have more people to see than you have time to see them.” — Brian Tracy
7. “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” — Napoleon Hill (American author and impresario)
8. “Your attitude not your aptitude will determine your altitude.” — Zig Ziglar (American author, salesman, and motivational speaker)
9. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” — Vince Lombardi (American football player, coach and executive)
10. “Your life can only get better when you do. Do something every day to improve your key skill areas.” — Brian Tracy
11. “If you are not moving closer to what you want in sales (or in life), you probably aren’t doing enough asking.” — Jack Canfield (American author, motivational speaker, seminar leader, corporate trainer and entrepreneur)
12. “To build a long-term, successful enterprise, when you don’t close a sale, open a relationship.” — Patricia Fripp (Motivational speaker)
Staying motivated day to day can be tough. (Photo: iStock)
13. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” — Jim Rohn
14. “Begin always expecting good things to happen.” — Tom Hopkins (speaker, sales trainer and author)
15. “Timid salesmen have skinny kids.” — Zig Ziglar
16. “Dream big! There are no limitations to how good you can become or how high you can rise except the limits you put on yourself.” — Brian Tracy
17. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” — Tony Robbins (American businessman, author, and philanthropist)
18. “Sales success comes after you stretch yourself past your limits on a daily basis.” — Omar Periu (Motivational speaker and author)
19. “Expect the best, prepare for the worst, capitalize on what comes.” — Zig Ziglar
20. “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman — not the attitude of the prospect.” — W. Clement Stone (businessman, philanthropist and author)
21. “Value the relationship more than the quota.” — Jeff Gitomer (Sales expert and blogger)
Motivation is a challenge for many salespeople. (Photo: iStock)
22. “Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.” — Henry Ford (American industrialist and founder of the Ford Motor Company)
23. “Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business.” — Zig Ziglar
24. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison (American inventor and businessman)
25. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” — George Addair (Speaker and philospher)
26. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” — Jack Canfield
27. “There’s no lotion or potion that will make sales faster and easier for you — unless your potion is hard work.” — Jeffery Gitomer
28. “Always do your best. What you plant now will harvest later.” — Og Mandino (American author)
29. “Keep yourself positive, cheerful and goal-oriented. Sales success is 80 percent attitude and only 20 percent aptitude.” — Brian Tracy
30. “Develop an attitude of gratitude. Say ‘thank you’ to everyone you meet for everything they do for you.” — Brian Tracy
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
We’re on Facebook, are you?