What is it that separates good salespeople from great salespeople?
Salespeople have one of the hardest jobs in the world to do. They deal with rejection on a daily basis. Making a sale comes down to powering through call after call, email after email, and ‘no’ after ‘no’.
But the greatest salespeople, thinkers and leaders have also dealt with rejection, fear and hard times. They stepped out of their comfort zones and took a chance, succeeding in the face of failure.
Take a moment to read through some of the greatest motivational sales quotes ever spoken. Keep them in mind on your next call for a little extra drive.
1. “Approach each customer with the idea of helping him or her to solve a problem or achieve a goal, not of selling a product or service.” — Brian Tracy
2. “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” — Bob Hooey (inspirational speaker, author and coach)
3. “You don’t need a big close as many sales reps believe. You risk losing your customer when you save all the good stuff for the end. Keep the customer actively involved throughout your presentation, and watch your results improve.” — Harvey Mackay (businessman, author and syndicated columnist with Universal Uclick)
There are no shortcuts to sales success. (Photo: iStock)
4. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” — Jim Rohn (American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker)
5. “Make a customer, not a sale.” — Katherine Barchetti (Retail entreprenuer and customer service expert)
6. “Keep your sales pipeline full by prospecting continuously. Always have more people to see than you have time to see them.” — Brian Tracy
7. “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” — Napoleon Hill (American author and impresario)
8. “Your attitude not your aptitude will determine your altitude.” — Zig Ziglar (American author, salesman, and motivational speaker)
9. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” — Vince Lombardi (American football player, coach and executive)
10. “Your life can only get better when you do. Do something every day to improve your key skill areas.” — Brian Tracy
11. “If you are not moving closer to what you want in sales (or in life), you probably aren’t doing enough asking.” — Jack Canfield (American author, motivational speaker, seminar leader, corporate trainer and entrepreneur)
12. “To build a long-term, successful enterprise, when you don’t close a sale, open a relationship.” — Patricia Fripp (Motivational speaker)
Staying motivated day to day can be tough. (Photo: iStock)