New products and changes introduced over the last week include a filing to launch four thematic ETFs by Janus, a portfolio construction framework for advisors from AssetMark and a manager marketplace from Vestmark.
In addition Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust added mobile capabilities for 401(k) participants and TradePMR and AdvisoryWorld announced a partnership.
Here are the latest developments of interest to advisors:
1) Janus Files for Four Thematic ETFs
Janus Capital Group is planning four ETFs that will provide investment exposure to companies addressing long-term global demographic and consumer shifts. It has filed registration statements with the SEC to launch a Long-Term Care ETF, Health and Fitness ETF, Obesity ETF and the Organics ETF.
The ETFs will focus on long-term care for the elderly, health and fitness, treatment and care for obesity and the increased demand for organic products. They will be managed by the Janus Exchange Traded Products team. If approved by the SEC the ETFs will launch around May 31.
2) AssetMark Launches Portfolio Construction Framework for Advisors
AssetMark launched its “Investing Evolved” portfolio construction framework comprised of three primary investment strategies that, when combined, help create optimal portfolios. Advisors can also use the framework to facilitate discussion with clients on how portfolios will perform across a range of market conditions.
The three strategies are:
- Core markets, which provides a broad market exposure to global or domestic economic growth
- Tactical strategies, designed to enhance returns or limit losses, based on an investor’s risk profile, and take into account the current market outlook
- Diversifying strategies, used to diversify equity risk to mitigate the risk of sharp equity market declines especially at times when losses would have the most impact on investor goals
The framework itself is comprise of three components: the three portfolio strategies plus PortfolioEngine, a technology that allows advisors to visualize portfolios, and enhancements to the firm’s guided portfolio solutions.
3) Vestmark Introduces Manager Marketplace