Our trending stories last week included a review and takeaways from Super Bowl XLIX’s TV ads, the top schools for insurance degrees, and the Anthem hacking story, which is still buzzing in every media outlet.
1. Meet the 10 worst life insurance clients in the world: Some people just don’t deserve the life insurance they have.
2. Ranked! Here are 2015′s top schools for insurance degrees: The time to recruit the next generation is now. Start by hitting up the schools with the top 10 programs according to U.S. News & World Report.
3. 5 reasons the Anthem hacking story should make YOU shiver: If giant insurers are having trouble with this stuff, well, yikes.
4. These are the top 10 states with the most millionaires: More than 6 million U.S. households have $1 million or more of investable assets. Here’s where you’ll find many of them.
5. 10 things the insurance industry can learn from the Super Bowl XLIX ads: Nationwide’s “dead kid” ad has opened up a can of worms, but was that what they intended? An expert weighs in.
6. Variable annuities: What’s hot, what’s not: Sales remain steady in this market, even as other types of annuities garner most of the headlines.
7. Top 7 things brokers hate about PPACA: A survey from benefits technology firm Benefitter paints a detailed portrait of broker dissatisfaction.
8. Are you ready for the longevity annuities tsunami?: New rules open a landscape of possibilities for retirees to draw income in their 80s and beyond.
9. 10 top trusts and estates trends for 2015: Estate taxes, charity donations and divorce are just a few areas where legal moves in New York could shape other states’ laws.
10. Earnings: More PPACA impact news drips out: Aetna and Centene gave some exchange plan enrollment numbers. Kelly Services shrugged.
Stay up-to-date with news, analysis and more by signing up for our eNewsletters here!