Before embarking on your email marketing initiative, make sure you have certain goals in mind. Here are ten questions to help you formulate your email plan of attack:
1. What are the best days of the week to send an email? Should you send email on a weekend?
2. What time of day should you send an email?
3. Are your emails optimized for all major email clients, browsers and mobile devices?
4. How many links should you included in an email?
5. Have you checked the email content for spam words?
6. Which words or phrases have the highest spam rates (“buy now,” “ending soon,” “price,” “discount”)?