For busy financial advisors, much of your time can be gobbled up doing things like calming skittish clients or searching for prospects, so the last thing you want to waste your time on is bad service from those that serve you.
This is where Dalbar, the Boston-based financial services consulting firm, offers its winners of its annual Financial Intermediary Service Award for 2013. Dalbar has conducted this testing of service for nearly 20 years and then identifies the top firms in service to financial professionals.
Dalbar found these firms particularly superior in these two important areas:
– “When a financial advisor is calling for service, they expect a knowledgeable individual who is personable and can answer their questions in an efficient and thorough manner…the last thing they want to do is have to call back.
– “These award-winning firms understand that far better than the industry at large as their personnel is engaging and personable 90% of the time versus an industry at 65%. When it comes to being thorough and setting appropriate expectations, the six firms do this 81% of the time versus the rest of the industry at 43% of the time.”
“Financial advisors have many choices when it comes to helping investors choose the right investments. With all else being equal, they will choose to do business with the firms that also have competent personnel that show a sincere interest in helping them grow their business and these award winning firms know it,” said Kathleen Whalen, Managing Director at Dalbar.
Here are the six in no particular order:
1. Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management
2. Allianz Life Insurance Co.
4. Goldman Sachs
5. Lord Abbett
6. Pacific Life
– Check of these related stories on ThinkAdvisor:
- 20 Best & Worst Fund Families of 2013
- 401(k) Fee Transparency: Best & Worst Providers
- Top 10 Most Liked U.S. Companies: 2013