Email marketing is one of the best ways for an insurance agency to develop leads. It’s cheap and easy and can be very effective. So, let’s take a moment to review the goals and methods you need to keep top of mind when reaching out to prospects.
Here are the top 10 best practices for insurance agency email marketing:
- Do not attempt to sell insurance.
- Minimize use of graphics and images.
- Educate your prospect.
- Deliver a message of value.
- Present a clear call to action.
- Include two links (a call to action and your website).
- Check and recheck links.
- Perform a spam test.
- Perform a junk mail test.
- Follow up on leads generated.
Email may not be the hottest new marketing technique. But done right, it can still be a valuable weapon in your marketing arsenal.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
John Scranton is an insurance agency marketing expert and vice president of StartUpSelling, Inc. which helps small businesses with lead generation, sales, marketing, website design and branding. For more information and tips from John, visit www.StartUpSelling.com, or go to his blog at http://startupselling.com/blogs/johnscranton.