This year, in honor of Customer Service Week, I’ve pulled together 20 quick tips to improve your customer service experience:
- Manage first impressions. They set the tone.
- Manage last impressions. They create “lasting” impressions.
- Show up on time. Being late is a sign of disrespect to the people waiting.
- Always do your best. Your clients expect it.
- Smile. It’s better than a frown or an expression of apathy.
- Be accountable. Don’t blame others; accept responsibility.
- Take ownership. If a problem comes your way, own it, even if it is not your department.
- Follow through. If you have to pass a problem on to someone else, circle back with the customer to make sure it has been resolved.
- Show up early.
- Stay late.
- Do more than is expected.
- Under-promise and over-deliver.
- Be proactive.
- Build rapport.
- Aim for perfection, even if it is not achievable.
- Be responsive. If there is a problem, respond quickly.
- Communicate. Return calls quickly.
- Care! Don’t just act like you care. Really care!
- Be enthusiastic.
- Mind your manners. Always say thank you.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
Shep Hyken is a professional speaker and best-selling author. For more information on Shep’s speaking presentations, call 314-692-2200, email [email protected] or go to www.hyken.com.