Q. I’m considering selling long-term care insurance (LTCI) online. What do I need to know so that the process runs smoothly?
A. Selling online really works. Agents love it, and clients love it. Katie O’Rourke, managing partner of California Long Term Care Insurance Services, has provided some great suggestions for agents starting to sell online.
We covered the first three steps in an earlier article.
Here are four more steps — for agents who have already started preparing to sell online.
What Your Peers Are Reading
Step 4: Prepare and run an online presentation
- Send the confirmation email the day before the appointment
- Have a pre-presentation checklist
- Run the quote and save
- Customize the presentation with their name on the first page
- Open the brochure and application and minimize
- Confirm your guest can see your screen (or slide)
- Turn off your email and instant messaging to avoid pop-ups
- Include your photo in an introductory slide
- Have a polished, scripted introduction and ending
- Don’t spend too much time on less vital information and then rush the important stuff later
- Keep it moving and don’t talk too much
- Be careful not to move your mouse too much as it may look “jerky” on the viewers’ end and be distracting
Step 5 – Set the agenda for your meeting
For example, “My agenda today is to help you decide if you need to buy long-term care insurance.”
So, I will be asking questions about your situation.