Hoping for a successful week this week? Here are 10 questions to focus your mind on what really matters:
- What live opportunities in your pipeline can you move forward this week? What actions will you need to take to move those opportunities forward? What commitments does your dream client need to make? What value do you need to create to gain that commitment?
- How much time are you going to spend prospecting for new opportunities this week? When are you going to do that prospecting work? How much time are you going to block out on your calendar for opportunity creation?
- Which of your dream clients needs nurturing this week? What ideas are you going to feed your dream clients? How will they use those ideas? How does what you will send them show the value of your ideas?
- Which of the commitments you’ve made in the past need to be kept this week? To whom do you owe a phone call? To whom do you owe information? Have you promised to take some action on someone’s behalf? When will you keep those commitments?
- Who do you need to thank? Do you need to send a thank-you card to a prospect? Do you have clients who are long overdue for a gesture of gratitude? To whom on your team do you owe lunch for delivering on all the promises you make to your clients?
- Who are you going to help this week? Who needs your help? What are you going to do to help them? How are you going to pay forward what has been paid forward to you?
- What will you do to improve yourself? What will you do improve your business acumen? What will you read to make sure you’re a well-rounded, well-read person? How will you ensure you have the energy to generate the outcomes you need?
- What lessons have you learned over the past few weeks that you have yet to apply to your work? What new ideas that you’ve read about or discussed need implementing? What do you need to do to turn newly obtained knowledge into results?
- What is the one outcome you need to achieve this week to move closer to your biggest goal? Why is this goal important to you? What is the price you will pay for not achieving this goal? What will be your reward for reaching it? Have you blocked out time for the actions you need to get accomplish your goal?
- Who do you have to be this week to get the job done? Who do you have to be this week to achieve everything you want to achieve?
Keep the answers to these questions top of mind this week, and you’re bound to make progress toward your most important goals.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
- Do you know what you need to know?
- 22 business planning questions for 2013
- 9 business development questions, Part 1
S. Anthony Iannarino is the managing director of B2B Sales Coach & Consultancy, a boutique sales coaching and consulting company, and an adjunct faculty member at Capital University’s School of Management and Leadership. For more information, go http://thesalesblog.com/s-anthony-iannarino/