If you haven’t used SlideShare on your LinkedIn profile yet, you’re missing a real opportunity to upgrade your brand. SlideShare is a program that lets you share PDF files, PowerPoint presentations and video.
This turns your basic, flat LinkedIn profile into a multimedia bonanza bursting with information to showcase your company, expertise and value. By now, you know that your prospects are checking you out online. You want to have the best LinkedIn brand presentation possible.
Here are five ways to boost your LinkedIn profile using SlideShare:
- Case studies. Does your company have some good case studies that showcase your business impact? If so, put them on your profile.
- e-Books. Has your company written any white papers or e-books? If so, use SlideShare and upload them to your LinkedIn profile.
- Industry presentations. Do you have a presentation addressing industry trends or a new technology? Put them on your profile.
- Video testimonials. Do you have a great video testimonial from a wonderful customer? Embed it in a SlideShare presentation and upload it to your profile.
- Featured articles. Was your company recently featured in a flattering article? Draw attention to it on your profile.
Getting the picture? You want your LinkedIn company profile to glitter. But I would advise against using SlideShare for a big product pitch — it will just turn people off. Don’t overwhelm people either: three to five helpful and strategically selected items will pique your prospects’ interest.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
- Keep contacts up to date with LinkedIn
- Help your clients recommend you on LinkedIn
- Find the right people, fast!
Jill Konrath is the author of SNAP Selling and Selling to Big Companies. If you’re struggling to set up meetings, click here to get a free Prospecting Tool Kit.