It’s a great way to start your day: an incoming lead from the representative of a mid-sized manufacturer. After some digging, you discover the company, which has an excellent track record, was unhappy with its last renewal offer. Now what?
- What type information will you send them, and how quickly?
- Do you have some quality e-collateral to impress your new prospect?
- Would you prefer to drive them to your website, where quality resources will demonstrate your expertise?
- Does your webpage feature impressive resources, an agency blog and case studies?
- Do you have videos that explain your value proposition or value-added services?
- Are you prepared for your one shot at a great first impression?
If you don’t feel confident that you’ll leave a positive impression on your new prospect, it’s time to carefully assess part or all of your lead-handling process. Can you lead your prospect through clearly defined steps and offer them quality materials?
Hot leads don’t fall from the sky everyday, but when they do, you need to be ready.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
- Looking for prospects? Write a minibook
- Lost sales leads: 4 common problems
- Manage your leads more effectively
Alan Blume is an author, and as founder and CEO of StartUpSelling Inc., he works with small businesses on lead generation, sales, marketing, website design and branding. For more information, go to www.StartUpSelling.com.