You already know that referral selling can give your business the boost it needs. Here are some helpful tips to build your referral sales:
1. Form a sales advisory board. Gather a few people together and include some who don’t know your business. Brainstorm ideas, especially out-of-the box ideas, to increase your sales and create attainable goals.
2. Commit to building a referral business. Make referrals your priority and your central sales strategy. Surround yourself with people who are movers and shakers, people who can send referrals your way and vice versa.
3. Commit to referral goals. Determine what percent of your business you anticipate to come from referrals. Then determine how many people you will ask for referrals each week, from whom you will ask for them and by what date.
4. Build your plan. Put a plan in place to check in with your clients and find out what they need and what more you can do for them. Find out why they like working with you.
5. Create accountability. Choose an “accountability partner”—such as a trusted colleague, coach or associate—with whom to share ideas and assistance. This idea sharing can contribute greatly to your business success.
Getting that referral is something you should have always at the back of your mind as you work to build your book of business.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
Joanne Black is a professional sales speaker, sales webinar leader, and author of “No More Cold Calling: The Breakthrough System That Will Leave Your Competition in the Dust” from Warner Business Books. Visit www.nomorecoldcalling.com. © Copyright 2011 Joanne S. Black. All rights reserved.