Suggesting that you should take over the finances of an aging relative is an extremely tricky situation. Thorny as it may be, though, in some instances it must be done if you suspect the person has dementia and is losing control of their money. In those cases, you may want to contact the relative’s financial advisor or have your name put on their checking account. An extreme option would to go to court for a conservatorship arrangement.

Read the story.