The Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education (LIFE), Arlington, Va., reports that it will be using a soap opera parody, “All My Paychecks,” to promote the need for disability insurance.
That got Allison Bell thinking of other leading parody opportunities….
Consider a world that is much different — but not so very different — from our own.
The Republicans, the Democrats, the 9 Tea Party factions and the group that represents worshippers of Sarah Palin’s eyeglasses have divided the parts of the United States that New Zealand has not yet repossessed into 12 districts.
Actuaries at Milliman Inc., Seattle, and benefit plan administrators at the Aon Towers Watson Wells Fargo Bank of America unit of Google Inc., Shanghai (Imperial Stock Exchange:GOOG), are responsible for choosing a male competitor and a female competitor from each of the 12 United Non-Repossed States (UNRS) districts.
Each competitor is a worker with a disability sustained during the Great Patriotic War of Facebook Password Privacy Conflicts who wants to return to work.
Competitors go to work at a facility in the Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant Ecological Preserve.
The workers are tough, intelligent and motivated. They must compete for the ultimate prize — a secure, well-compensated job with full benefits that makes full use of their skills, experience and talents and accords them a measure of self-respect — against one another while facing some or all of the following challenges:
- Hostile front-line supervisors.
- Human resources departments that would prefer to outsource the work to robots operated by prisoners in the penal satellites.
- Doctors, hospitals and other care providers who have no interest whatsoever in scheduling appointments to fit in with a work schedule.
- Doctors who seem to be biased toward prescribing medications that interfere with workers’ ability to work.
- Large, large piles of unpaid bills building up in their e-mail inboxes.
- Sadistic child daycare schedulers.
- Elder daycare providers who require gladiators seeking care for their parents to answer riddles based on the finer points of Medicaid and Medicare regulations.
- An infinite, 5-dimensional maze with Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) claim examiners at the center.
- Animatronic tigers.
Which worker will survive to claim the prize position?
The one who prepared in advance by getting disability insurance with strong return-to-work benefits long before the producers of The Disability Games announcing the results of The Returnings…
Think you can do this? Post your family-friend disability insurance awareness parodies here as comments, or e-mail them to email@example.com.