NPR’s up-close look at our new retirement cultures examines five trends that are emerging as Baby Boomers begin to leave the workforce, and tops it all off with a robust round of social media insight that shows what’s really on the mind of retirees. What’s next for these Facebook fans? Some plan to retire overseas, others have cut back spending habits in startling ways, and most have postponed retirement beyond their initial target age.
Regardless of where you’re at on the retirement spectrum, what questions should you be asking? Here are the top five:
- What should be my approach to spending as I approach and enter retirement?
- How are companies benefitting from shifting pension plans — and what does this mean for employees?
- How much money do you really need to retire comfortably?
- Just how unprepared are Baby Boomers to retire?
- What’s the new daily reality among Americans in retirement?