Big girls don’t cry over:
- Prospects who ultimately say no.
- Clients who decide to reduce their retainer.
- Vendors who raise their fees.
- Networking intros that “go south.”
Nope. Big girls don’t do that.
Here is what they do do:
- They go out and assertively find more prospects using some of those time-proven techniques such as phone and mail integrated with social media, PR, etc.
- They continually work with clients to provide extra value and benefits and become a true business resource (and not a mere vendor).
- They ask for referrals and introductions to sources who can provide the best work for the best price and insist on getting competitive bids when prices seem to be out of whack.
- They understand that not all networking connections will be valuable and are prepared to not get discouraged and simply move on when something doesn’t pan out.
Are you a big girl (or boy)? Do you let any of these situations get you down, throw you off your game and ultimately put you and your business in a vulnerable position?