Big girls don’t cry over:
- Prospects who ultimately say no.
- Clients who decide to reduce their retainer.
- Vendors who raise their fees.
- Networking intros that “go south.”
Nope. Big girls don’t do that.
Here is what they do do:
- They go out and assertively find more prospects using some of those time-proven techniques such as phone and mail integrated with social media, PR, etc.
- They continually work with clients to provide extra value and benefits and become a true business resource (and not a mere vendor).
- They ask for referrals and introductions to sources who can provide the best work for the best price and insist on getting competitive bids when prices seem to be out of whack.
- They understand that not all networking connections will be valuable and are prepared to not get discouraged and simply move on when something doesn’t pan out.
Are you a big girl (or boy)? Do you let any of these situations get you down, throw you off your game and ultimately put you and your business in a vulnerable position?
Remind yourself that you can move forward even when adversity hits you. Be resourceful and stay true to your goals. And no crying!
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
- 3 more lead generation mistakes to avoid
- Advisors: Skype your way to success
- Create a social media policy for employees
Adrian Miller is the founder of Adrian Miller Sales Training. To find out more or to visit her blog go to: http://adrianmiller.wordpress.com.