Aetna Inc. has named Dr. Melissa Welch head of regional care management.
Welch has been senior medical director for the Western region at Aetna, Hartford (NYSE:AET), for 9 years.
Welch also has served 5 years as president of the San Francisco Board of Health and as a professor of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco.
Welch has a master’s degree in public health and epidemiology from the University of California, Berkley, and a medical degree from Harvard University. She is the principal founder of Perspectives of Differences Diversity Training and Consultation for Health Professionals.
In other personnel news:
- The American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI), Washington, has promoted Maurice Perkins to senior vice president of federal relations.
Perkins has been vice president of federal relations at the ACLI since 2005. Before that he was on staff for the Senate Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs Committee. From 2001 to 2003, he was on the staff of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
Perkins has a bachelor’s degree from Ithaca College and a master’s degree in international affairs from Columbia University.
- Great West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Mark Berman to be regional sales director for its Great Lakes market.
Berman previously was a vice president and sales director at Marshall and Ilsley Trust Company, Milwaukee.
Berman has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Bradley University.
- The Depository Trust & Clearing Corp. (DTCC), New York, has hired Adam Wysota to succeed Lea Moskowitz as managing director and chief technology officer. Moskowitz is retiring.
Wysota previously was managing director in prime services information technology at Barclays Capital, New York. He has a bachelor’s degree in physics, mathematics and chemistry from Hofstra University and a master’s degree in astrophysics from Stony Brook University.
Other personnel changes columns from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: PIAA, Aetna, Arizona Blue, Symetra
- Personnel Changes: Nippon Life, Great-West, Lockton, Cohen Milstein
- Personnel Changes: Prudential, Aviva, Lincoln Financial, Triple-S
- Personnel Changes: MetLife, Lincoln Financial, Resource Intermediaries
- Personnel Changes: New York Life, Commonwealth Fund, Digital Insurance, Creative Marketing, Burnham